How to succeed in marketing your business on the Internet: The 8 main steps!
There is a rapid growth in the number of small businesses that find it necessary to market their products and services on the internet. Customers are increasingly turning to the Internet to compare product features and prices and to buy online. A company that does not take advantage of the Web and email to advertise its business can lose valuable customers.
It is becoming easier and more economical to market online. There are many websites, consultancies, software applications and other tools to help you implement a successful online presence.
Here are 8 main steps to successfully market your business online:
1. Get a good domain name. Before creating a website for your company, you need a search engine friendly domain name. Currently, it is difficult to get a good domain, but the research work you do to find the right one is worth the long-term effort. A good domain makes it much easier for search engines like Google and Yahoo! to find your site while they crawl the Internet. Millions of domains have been acquired over the years, so it is increasingly difficult to find a suitable domain for your business. It is very important to obtain the domain name a.com or.net. Search engines are more likely to rate your site better.
Some tips on how to select domain names:
- Make sure that the domain name has not been registered by someone else.
- Select one that is easy to spell.
- Select one that is easy to remember. Simple and descriptive is best – it doesn’t have to be as engaging as “Google” – remember that non-descriptive names require a lot more branding effort.
2. Your website should look professional and easy to navigate. Your website is a reflection of your business. People who visit your site will be impressed or discouraged by the level of professionalism on the site. The main methods that will help you create a great targeted and successful traffic generation site are:
There are many websites, such as Yahoo, that provide website templates for free or at minimal cost.
If you want you can create a blog using WordPress which is available for free. Alternatively, there are professional website building consultants who provide personalized website services.
3. Make your website easy to navigate. Don’t worry about trying to create a stunning and colorful website. The secret of a good website is ensuring that visitors find what they are looking for quickly and easily. Research has shown that Internet browsers tend to be impatient. With the sheer volume of options available, they will quickly leave your site and move elsewhere – so it’s vital that you keep them interested and make their experience on your site comfortable and enjoyable. Your product should be displayed simply and clearly, and making a purchase should be easy. This means a clear navigation bar and a good “search” box. Review some of your favorite sites, as well as your competitors’ sites. This can help you plan how your website should be designed.
4. Build your email list. Email marketing is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to promote a business on the Internet. It’s a great way to communicate with customers and potential customers. Therefore, it is essential to collect the email addresses of your website visitors. Offer them something worthwhile by their email address – like a discount or a free newsletter.
5. Make use of email newsletters. The use of email newsletters is a proven method of sustaining existing customers and reaching potential customers. The key to an effective email marketing campaign is:
Design your newsletter very well and pay attention to the content – this is essential. If the content is uninteresting, you will not catch the reader’s attention. Includes photos and graphics. Provide multiple links to your website.
Automate email marketing for your newsletter. Software applications like Aweber can be used to configure when and how often you want your newsletters to be sent. All you have to do is write your newsletters and load them into the software. You can also include the recipient acceptance option.
Monitor the effectiveness of your newsletter campaign.
7. Search engine keywords. Several online companies find keyword advertising to be very effective. If, for example, you sell computer books on your website, you can buy a small ad or listing on Google that appears when someone searches for the keyword “computer books”. If the search engine, in this case Google, catches your paid ad and the user clicks on it, it will be directed to your site and you will pay based on pay per click, or “PPC”, for Google, for example, 10 ¢ one click. The goal is to bring highly targeted traffic to your website.
To achieve this, you need to do the following:
Search and purchase the most relevant keywords for your business.
Create ads that will force qualified visitors to click on the ad.
The ad must lead to a page on your website that features the precise product or service related to the keyword. Sending a viewer to your home page is generally not as effective as sending it to a specific product page.
Constantly review the amount you pay per click and the conversion rate for clicks that result in the purchase.
Test different ad text and different landing pages to determine what works best for your site.
8. Make buying visitors easier. If you sell products on your website, you’ll need a shopping cart system and a credit card authorization process. Many companies provide these systems out of the box, such as Yahoo! Small Business or Payloadz if you sell digital products, like e-books. It is important that the purchase process is fast and efficient. Many sites with complicated checkout processes lose potential buyers who are frustrated by the amount of time and effort involved. Remember that online shoppers are impatient!
I wish you much success!